Saturday 9 July 2011

Deeper into Bavaria

With such an early start I arrived early at the next main town on the Danube, Neustadt an der Donau. I had not showered in the house of Hans and Anita and wanted to clean up a little for the day ahead. Near the tourist office I found a very clean public restroom. It is quite amazing how clean one can become in a public restroom. Prior to departing I shaved my head, so hair washing is not a requirement. Managed to wash my face, brush my teeth, dab under my arms and within a few minute was feeling fit. Now I just need to shave and wash my clothes at some point in the next few days and I will be as good as new. Neustadt is beautiful and I spent about 40 minutes exploring it.

Pridať popis






Later in the day I arrived at Ingolstadt and decided to spend a few hours in the city library checking email and writing this blog. Finding wifi I downloaded a load of email, but once I cancelled all the rejections from jobs for which I had applied, there really wasn’t all that much. Wrote this blog for a few hours and then pressed on.

Underway I met Dietmar again, who had camped early along the river. He was talking with a young Hungarian couple on bikes loaded down with gear as if they were going to Vladivostok. They were on a one week jaunt and had just packed a lot. They told me of a camping area a few kilometers down river and I went to buy some food and then met them there a short time later. We set up tents and I cooked Kasespätzle for all of us. The Spätzle turned out quite well and they enjoyed them. 




No comments:

Post a Comment